12 April, 2011

won't stop until my tears are all shed

 “My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.” - Thomas S. Monson


I was required to read two conference talks for my first Faith Value Experience. I chose to read "How Do I Gain a Testimony" and "Face the Future With Faith". (Links provided on the right.)

The first is about building your own testimony and inspiring new growth by nurturing it. In order to gain a testimony, you must have faith. If you have faith, you will surely gain a testimony.

The second is about the necessity of Faith in these latter days. Essentially, he describes the state of the world and how things are only going to get worse, and if we lack faith, we'll be lost in the turmoil. This rings with certainty to me, for I've already witnessed friends that were lost because of their frail testimonies. There really is no leaning on someone else when it comes to faith.

I also read the scriptures required. They explain that "if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith." Basically, all things are brought to pass through faith in the Lord.

In Joseph Smith History, the first Prophet describes the life-changing moment when he inquired of the Lord as to the truthfulness of the churches about him. At the age of 14, he had such amazing faith in the Lord. He believed he would receive an answer, and receive an answer he did. It's really just amazing to me. When I was 14, I was rebellious and resentful. I didn't want to be dragged to church every Sunday. It's incredible how much I've changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment