11 April, 2011

in the beginning

Welcome to my very own Personal Progress blog. I'm going to start off with a little introduction.

For the past several years of my life, I've been quite aimless. I would wake up, go to school, not really pay attention, come home, play video games, eat, go to bed, and start all over the next day. I really felt like I had little or no purpose in life. It wasn't really until this year that I actually decided I wanted to get an education after high school.

My dad has been nagging at me for years. He always tells me that out all of his children, I should be the one to actually go to college and get an education. Being a teenager, I naturally wanted to rebel. I never really wanted to go to school in the first place, let alone more school once I was done with all of that. This year, all of that changed.

My brother mentioned to me that he wanted to start a business building custom computers at lower prices than the leading competitors. I don't really know what happened, but suddenly, I felt like we should really do something like that. After that, my path in life was suddenly clear. I wanted to learn about financing, accounting, and business management in order to help my brother start his business. Of course, in order to do these things, I would have to go to school. I signed up for classes like Business Math and Accounting, and set up an internship with a local company in their Financing department. All that's left for me to figure out is college. What better college to study business management at then Brigham Young University?

Thus, we arrive at the purpose of this entire blog. I want to go to Brigham Young University. Because I never really cared about school prior to a couple months ago, my grade point average hasn't been exemplary. I'm not on any sort of honor roll. The only things I really have going for me right now are my (so-called impressive) composite ACT score of 30 and my 4.0 in Seminary. I believe that the best chance of being accepted at BYU or offered some kind of scholarship lies in completing my Personal Progress and receiving a Young Woman Medallion.

Flipping through my (completely untouched) Personal Progress book, I realized that almost all of the experiences and projects require journal entries. I've always been awful at writing in a journal. Almost as awful as I am at doing Personal Progress. Then my sister suggested I make a blog to document my "progress". So now here I am, writing the first post of my newly created blog: Progressing Personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment